This varied and independent role comes with significant responsibility: are you up to the challenge? Are you resilient and able to cope well with stress? Are you a friendly and open person who loves to drive and work with people? Join us! Our drivers are ambassadors on the roads and the first point of contact for all passengers.
The IVB is the transport coordinator for the city of Innsbruck, with its 100% subsidiary Innbus responsible for bus services and drivers such as yourself. Innbus and Innbus Regionalverkehr are commissioned by IVB and VVT to operate a total of 30 lines in the Innsbruck area and in the Stubaital valley. Over 190 vehicles and more than 350 drivers are active across the IVB route network as ambassadors for our company.
Our philosophy is clear and steadfast: public transport of the highest quality for all passengers. This can only succeed with a great deal of commitment to service, customer orientation and respectful interaction.
Drivers, captains, chauffeurs
They are the biggest success factor and a hugely important part of the company. They play a multi-faceted role and take on a great deal of responsibility, with applicants needing to meet certain requirements:
- They have experience in dealing with customers and have a well-groomed appearance.
- They are service-oriented, responsible and punctual.
- They enjoy driving in the city and have a pleasant driving style, with at least 3 years’ experience of driving a car.
- They are resilient and physically fit.
- They are team players and interested in a long-term employment relationship.
- They have very good German skills and are excellent communicators.
- They are at least 21 years of age.
- Open-ended employment relationship: employment contracts for drivers are open-ended, with the first month serving as a trial month.
- Remuneration: pay is based on the collective agreement for private bus companies, with the minimum gross full-time pay according to this collective agreement currently amounting to € 2,500.00* (excluding special payments, expenses included). *) As at January 2019
Working hours: your personal work schedule enables you to view and plan regulated phases of work and free time. If you are interested in a part-time role, you can download the information sheet for part-time work here.
- Comprehensive training: the employment relationship begins with comprehensive training. This will familiarise you with the company, the customer philosophy and the route network. We also provide wide-ranging options for training and continuing development.
- Team leaders: as your superiors and contact persons, the team leaders are happy to provide you with advice and assistance.
- Employee benefits: company canteen, lounges, parking spaces, free travel on all lines, employee discounts of all kinds, health zone, activity room, etc.
Driving licence D
Not got one? No problem! Apply anyway. We will be happy to advise you on financing the cost of your driving licence.
Download the application form HERE, print it out and fill it in..
In addition to the application form, we also require the following documents from you:
- Your handwritten CV
- Confirmation of insurance periods from your insurer; for EU and non-EU applicants, confirmation from social security provider or pension scheme provider
- Your employment references
- An excerpt from the administrative criminal (not criminal record certificate)
- Copy of driving licence
Please send all your application documents together in the post. When compiling your CV, please ensure that your previous employment periods are stated in full.
We are happy to help with any queries or telephone enquiries: simply call +43 512 53 07-303 on Tuesdays between 12:30 and 16:30 or on Thursdays between 08:00 and 12:00.